OpenTable is growing quickly so come join us and be part of the excitement.
The most important thing you can bring to this role is a passion for helping people. While there is a technical nature to the role, in the end, if you have a knack for connecting to people and an aptitude for logical thinking, we can teach you the rest. If you come with some computer networking or technical knowledge, even better.
Your goal is not to get the customer off the phone as fast as possible, unless that’s what the customer wants. We expect you to go out of your way to fix a problem, plus have the customer finish the conversation with a smile and a restored faith in OpenTable. You will be supporting both restaurants and diners, so there is no script that can accomplish this - our customer base is diverse so you’ll need to be able to adapt to their various styles accordingly. You will become our best marketing tool, and will help foster a prosperous relationship with both our restaurants and diners.
Reporting to the Customer Support Supervisor, our Customer Support Representatives will be responsible for providing support to restaurants and diners, answering complex questions on function and usage of products via telephone, email and internet. They will be the primary contact for our customers in Europe and the secondary contact for OpenTable customers worldwide with the goal of providing outstanding service.
Hours can vary depending on shift, and our contact centre is operating 7 days a week up to 18 hours a day. We will have standard 8 hour work days with lunch breaks.
• Answer customer and employee calls, emails, community posts, and any future form of contact we may come up with, using your personality and experience, not a script
• Assisting customers with their technical and software related problems
• Configuring and installing software over the phone at restaurant locations
• Provide outstanding service
• Know your limitations and when you should escalate or ask for advice
• Own the resolution to the problem; don’t leave the customer hanging
• Accurately and efficiently log all contacts in our CRM (Salesforce)
• Train restaurant staff, encouraging greater use of the OpenTable system, as well capturing and reporting customer feedback
• Excellent interpersonal skills, with a passion for customer service
• Strong communication skills: active listening, writing/typing, informal communication
• Restaurant/ Hospitality experience (or even just being a “foodie”) is a plus
• At least a couple of years’ experience providing customer support would be ideal - preferably in a software support environment
• Working knowledge of current Microsoft Windows operating systems
• Knowledge of iOS and Apple Hardware
• Working knowledge of networking protocols (TCP/IP), networking infrastructure, switching and routing is a plus, but not required
• Experience with the use of support desk tools like Salesforce, Communities, live chat would be great
• Fluent in both English and German