Taking direction from the Team lead, the incumbent provides a full range of services essential for the operation of client computers and peripherals that are maintained by Local Services. This is a senior-level technical position, requiring a wide variety of experience in supporting technology in a complex environment. The incumbent will have demonstrated advanced, in-depth experience with implementing, configuring and supporting Windows based computers. In-depth proficiency and knowledge and hands-on experience supporting servers and network technology is also required to be successful in this position. The incumbent will provides work guidance or orientation for non-routine procedures, complex issues, and implementation. Duties include level 2 and 3 support of IT applications, products and services; configuring, installing, and securing computer hardware, software, servers and peripherals. Updates the technical inventory database and tracking system to reflect current request status and builds an array of technical documentations.
The incumbent will research, analyze, pilot and repair complex computer hardware and software problems; will have strong skills in customer service, communication and collaboration in team environment supporting techs to resolve complex problems. An in-depth knowledge and demonstrated expertise of desktop systems and their interaction with infrastructure including network, servers, identity management and other integrated technologies is required. The incumbent must have experience implementing and supporting complex, integrated systems. . Work is subject to general review and approvals of the supervisor(s).
Examples of Work:
• General Technical Responsibilities
• Maintenance and Installations and troubleshooting
• Project implementations and rollouts
• Technology Consultative Services
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited higher-education institution or five years relevant experience.
• Strong knowledge and experience with Windows operating systems
• Understanding of network, Printers systems and configurations
• OEM process acknowledge
• Experience as a senior-level Desktop Systems Technician or Engineer in a financial setting.
Performance Expectations: Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• An expert-level understanding of hardware and software PC
• Demonstrated expertise and proficiency in diagnosing complex problems with computer hardware and software with ability to apply solutions to the problems.
• Experience in dealing with anti-virus, anti-spam, wireless communication, mobile devices, and security in the information technology field.
• Solid knowledge of data communication and networking internet protocols, such as TCP/IP, Ethernet and Serial interface standards, Change Management, and Active Directory.
• Interact with numerous computer platforms in a multi-layered client server environment. Ensure desktop computers interconnect seamlessly with diverse systems including associated validation systems, file servers, email servers, computer conferencing systems, application servers, and administrative systems.
• Strong ability to quickly and independently master new technology, then provide support and consultation on usage of new technologies.
• Strong customer service orientation.
• A strong team player, works effectively under pressure, and ability to multi-task.
• Works in close collaboration with laboratory tech and assisting with installation and maintenance of software.
• Excellent interpersonal communication skills (verbal, written and listening) since he or she will have daily interaction with faculty, administrators, and staff.
• Exceptional documentation skills.
• Exercise proper judgment taking care of client computers or sensitive data; and consult with supervisor.
• Utilize effective time management skills and sets and adhere to deadlines.
• Ability to lift 30 kilos (monitors, printers, scanners, etc.).
• Special Conditions of Employment:
• May be required to work variable hours and overtime, including weekends.
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.