Must be well-versed in CISCO technologies, including Nexus switches / ASR routers, Cisco ISE, ASA firewalls, MPLS, DMVPN, wireless, and Ethernet-based TCP / IP in a DoD environment. As a subject matter expert, serves as an escalation point for advanced troubleshooting / support and participates in high-level network implementation projects.
• Be responsible for planning, implementing, and supporting changes to the network hardware and software in accordance with customer policies and procedures for change and incident management.
• Generate innovative approaches and solutions to recurring tasks or problems.
• Design and implementation of IPv6 infrastructure in a dual stack environment is desired.
• SME must provide network engineering input on major projects, upgrades, and installations.
• Participate in testing and evaluation of new technologies to ensure compatibility and functionality.
• Analyze traffic information and provide analyses to justify network optimization and reconfiguration.
• Manage routing protocols (BGP and OSPF) and LAN technologies (QOS, VLAN, and Spanning tree) at an expert level.
• Develop project plans and documentation.
• Document technical problems, resolutions, and processes.
• The ideal candidate will be a proactive self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication skills, and must be able to work with minimal supervision.
• Ten years of experience designing and managing enterprise networks with Cisco routers and switches.
• IAT 2 certification (CCNA-Security, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, or SSCP)
• CASP CE, CISA, CISSP, GCED, or GCIH exceed the requirement and are acceptable
• Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) or Cisco Certified Internet Expert (CCIE).
• Must be willing to travel.
• Pass an employer background check
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
• Solid client service, time management and leadership skills as well as written and verbal communication skills
• Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in an Information Technology field preferred.